Cathedral of the
Isles is in the Town of Millport,
on the Isle of Cumbrae, about 2
miles off the Ayrshire coast by Ferry
from the town of Largs.
Postcode: KA28 0HE
The Cathedral of the Isles is a
Scottish Episcopal Church completed in
1849 in Gothic Revival style for George
Boyle, 6th Earl of Glasgow.
This Cathedral is claimed to be the
smallest in Scotland, with a 123ft spire
that can be seen above the trees from
The Cathedral was used as a
Theological College from 1851 to 1885,
then from 1919 to 1927 the College
Buildings housed Nuns from the Community
of St Andrew of Scotland.
Today, the Cathedral serves as the
local Church, the College Buildings are
used for Tourists as B&B
The Gardens are well worth exploring
with old Grave Stones and Crosses, also
there are some Celtic Crosses at the