Skeldon Estate, 6 miles east of Ayr, was
bought by the wealthy Duke of Portland in 1867.
In 1908, the architect James Miller carried out
alterations and additions to Skeldon Mansion
House for Adam Wood.
Skeldon is still run as a working estate
with good fishing on the River Doon and
shooting in the estates woodlands.
The estate used to offer holidays on the
estate, with a self contained cottage and lodge
available. There seems to be no website just