Little is known about the Allason's accept
they were high ranked in the military and
involved in politics.
In the mid 1800s, the Estate passed from the
Allason family to Captain Robert Campbell of
Auchmannoch in the parish of Sorn.
The estate was broken up around 1949 with
the mansion being bought by the County Council.
The Council opened Glaisnock in 1952 as a
junior secondary school. The school
specializing in rural education, took in
boarders as well as day pupils. Glaisnock was
operated as a four year school from 1968 until
its closure in June 1973.
The house gradually fell into disrepair as
it was being used as a residential centre for
In 2005, a £6 million refurbishment
plan got underway to transform Glaisnock House
into a European Centre for Creativity. That
work was being carried out when the image above
In 2015, the house seems to be abandoned,
although in good condition with security in
place. Not sure if the refurbishment in 2005
was ever completed, and if it was ever used as
a Centre for Creativity.