The estate was bought by William Campbell in
1782, remaining in that family until purchased
by Ayr Town Council in 1940 for
Craigie mansion house is now used as a
management centre for Paisley University.
The grounds of Craigie stretch from Ayr town
centre, behind Ayr College, east alongside
River Ayr. The gardens and scenic walks are
open to the public all year round.